Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz IDE localization

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz IDE localization

I've pushed updated translations in the repo.

 Thanks to Fabien M for updating French translation.
 Now French is almost fully translated again!

 Thanks to Janez Pregelj for good work in Slovenian translation.

 Thanks to Thiago Alves, who started Beremiz translation into
 Portuguese (Brazil).

Thanks to everyone who contributed.
Complains or feedback about translation
platform/workflow is always welcome.

On 17-06-13 17:23, Andrey Skvortsov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been often asked about how could people help Beremiz project
> without python knowledge. One of the simplest ways is to improve
> support of your native language in Beremiz IDE.
>
> I've setup project on web platform for translations:
>
> https://www.transifex.com/beremiz/beremiz-ide
>
> This platform is used by many open source projects:
> dpkg, Mercurial, Bitbucket, Fedora, XFCE, PulseAudio, Django and many others.
>
> Let's improve Beremiz interface localization! If your language is
> missing for some reason, drop me the message. I'll add it to the project.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrey Skvortsov

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz IDE localization

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
Hi, Andrey!

  How can I generate translation files for Beremiz based IDE if I use launcher class?
What steps should I take?

Best regards,
Paul Beltyukov

On 17-07-04 15:58, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi, Andrey!
>
>   How can I generate translation files for Beremiz based IDE if I use
> launcher class?
> What steps should I take?

Hi Paul,

steps are basically the same as in Beremiz project.
1. Create i18n directory (you can rename it like want).
2. Copy mki18n.py from <beremiz>/i18n/
3. Then follow information in <beremiz>/i18n/README and just replace
   Beremiz domain name with own
   Generate app.fil file with a list of source files with translatable strings
   Generate template file (messages.pot) with English strings
4. Then make translation of messages.pot with PoEdit
5. Save translation with name <Own_Domain_Name>_<locale>.po
6. Generate MO files (see README file).

That's it.

Translation catalogs are automatically loaded from
<extension_dir>/locale, if extensions were added in BeremizIDELauncher to
self.extensions list.