[Beremiz-devel] User library feature

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
Hello, collegians!

I would like to make little feature request. I think that when you use
Industrial Automation IDE in mode "one project a week" then you have a
bundle of typical solutions (grows in time) . That solutions should
migrate from one project to another.

That workflow implies availability of feature to save function or
functional block as separate file or user library.

I realize that community of Beremiz contributors works on many different
directionsand has long to-do lists.

In this letter I would like to ask an advise, in which way I can start
to implement this feature? As far as I can see, parts of code stored at
plc.xml nodes. I can cut some parts and save in separate files (If I
cope with the task to add some buttons to GUI). But how to load blocks
from file or library? I need some information, what happend inside when
project compounds.

Denis Kholodkov.

0xE16BBB84.asc (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [Beremiz-devel] User library feature

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
Hi Denis,

On 17-11-01 16:26, beremiz-devel--- via Beremiz-devel wrote:
> Hello, collegians!
>
> I would like to make little feature request. I think that when you use
> Industrial Automation IDE in mode "one project a week" then you have a
> bundle of typical solutions (grows in time) . That solutions should
> migrate from one project to another.
>
> That workflow implies availability of feature to save function or
> functional block as separate file or user library.

This is certainly a very useful feature and it'd be nice to have in
Beremiz.

> I realize that community of Beremiz contributors works on many different
> directionsand has long to-do lists.
>
> In this letter I would like to ask an advise, in which way I can start
> to implement this feature? As far as I can see, parts of code stored at
> plc.xml nodes. I can cut some parts and save in separate files (If I
> cope with the task to add some buttons to GUI). But how to load blocks
> from file or library? I need some information, what happend inside when
> project compounds.

plc.xml is stored in plcopen format. [1]
Existing Beremiz libraries (Native, Python pous, SVGUI pous) are
stored in the same format as well.
User libraries may be loaded the same way as other POU libraries are.
Honestly I haven't read this standard so far much and don't know
whether plcopen defines some special tags for libraries.

1. http://www.plcopen.org/pages/tc6_xml/