[Beremiz-devel] Target and RTE

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
Hello, Beremiz developers. I`m new in Beremiz. I need to add my own target to Beremiz IDE and create RTE subsystem in firmware of my device. Please give me list the steps for solving this problem.

Alex Hookin

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Target and RTE

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
Hi, Alex!

  The list of steps is pretty straitforward:
1. Write connector on Beremiz and Firmware sides.
2. Write minimal runtime code which can run softPLC by using the API of beremiz generated files.
3. Use makefile target as a starting point and make it to build firmware with application code
in one executable  file.
4. Try to seperate RTE from aplication code using custom ABI.
5. ??????
6. RTE!!!

 You also can use YAPLC as a starting point, or even make YAPLC-based firmware.

Best regards,
Paul Beltyukov

On 17-12-19 07:24, beremiz-devel--- via Beremiz-devel wrote:
> Hello, Beremiz developers. I`m new in Beremiz. I need to add my own
> target to Beremiz IDE and create RTE subsystem in firmware of my
> device. Please give me list the steps for solving this problem.
> Alex Hookin
The first question would be what platform you are using?

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Target and RTE

Beremiz-Devel mailing list

I'm using STM Cortex-M4.
I was cloned Beremiz and matiec from bucket.
---

Can i get connector on Beremiz side by copying any existing connector?

What methods of generated code is F/W connector uses for starting and running F//W in machine cycle?

What makefile I can use to make generated application code?

Any API existing in generated code for running and logging generated program?

--
Alex Hookin

Tuesday, 19 December 2017, 05:42PM +0300 from [hidden email]:

On 17-12-19 20:05, beremiz-devel--- via Beremiz-devel wrote:

> I'm using STM Cortex-M4.
I'd recommend to look at YAPLC. It uses STM Cortex-Mx already and will safe
you a lot of time. [1]

I'd recommend you to read thread 'build sources using avr-gcc',
that was discussed recently [2] & [3]. Then look at projects posted
there and make your familiar with Beremiz. Look at generated code and
understand how you could bind it with your firmware/RTOS.

> I was cloned Beremiz and matiec from bucket.

> ---
> Can i get connector on Beremiz side by copying any existing connector?
It depends on your target. You need new connector only if your
connection type is not supported yet. For serial connections look at
connector used in YAPLC and LPCManager. I'd recommend to skip
connector problem at start. First make it possible to run PLC program
on your target.

> What methods of generated code is F/W connector uses for starting and running F//W in machine cycle?
> What makefile I can use to make generated application code?

With generic target you can use makefile, that you are already using
to build firmware for your target.

> Any API existing in generated code for running and logging generated program?
Do you mean LogMessage?

> Alex Hookin Tuesday, 19 December 2017, 05:42PM +0300 from  [hidden email] :

I'm a bit confused. E-mail is igor.sim, but you e-mail signature says
that your name is Alex Hookin.

1. https://github.com/nucleron/yaplc
2. https://sourceforge.net/p/beremiz/mailman/beremiz-devel/thread/mailman.20658.1509274583.12770.beremiz-devel%40lists.sourceforge.net/#msg36095203
3. https://sourceforge.net/p/beremiz/mailman/message/36095203/

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Target and RTE

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
Hi, Andrey Skvortsov!

Thank you for your answer. Igor has left our team and I resumed this project.

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 8:55 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 17-12-19 20:05, beremiz-devel--- via Beremiz-devel wrote:

> I'm using STM Cortex-M4.
I'd recommend to look at YAPLC. It uses STM Cortex-Mx already and will safe
you a lot of time. [1]

I'd recommend you to read thread 'build sources using avr-gcc',
that was discussed recently [2] & [3]. Then look at projects posted
there and make your familiar with Beremiz. Look at generated code and
understand how you could bind it with your firmware/RTOS.

> I was cloned Beremiz and matiec from bucket.

> ---
> Can i get connector on Beremiz side by copying any existing connector?
It depends on your target. You need new connector only if your
connection type is not supported yet. For serial connections look at
connector used in YAPLC and LPCManager. I'd recommend to skip
connector problem at start. First make it possible to run PLC program
on your target.

> What methods of generated code is F/W connector uses for starting and running F//W in machine cycle?
> What makefile I can use to make generated application code?

With generic target you can use makefile, that you are already using
to build firmware for your target.

What are the ways to separate board support layer, connector with beremiz and matiec's generated code

> Any API existing in generated code for running and logging generated program?

Do you mean LogMessage?
Yes, i mean what  API existing for LogMessage and program interconnect F//W with SoftPLC for monitoring of PLC code running.

--
Best regards, Alex