[Beremiz-devel] Is it possible to integrate Beremiz with Linuxcnc?

[Beremiz-devel] Is it possible to integrate Beremiz with Linuxcnc?

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
Hi
Is it possible to integrate Beremiz with Linuxcnc or Machinekit?
Machinekit supports Xenomaii just like Beremiz, so collaboration should
be possible.

Regards
Tom

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Is it possible to integrate Beremiz with Linuxcnc?

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
On Thursday 27 April 2017 15:46:05 [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi
> Is it possible to integrate Beremiz with Linuxcnc or Machinekit?
> Machinekit supports Xenomaii just like Beremiz, so collaboration should
> be possible.

  It is certainly possible to integrate LinuxCNC with matiec, and most likely
with Beremiz too. I have had that intention in the backburner for some time,
and even had a student look into the architecture of LinuxCNC, but never found
the time/motivation to actually do it.

  Don't know about Machinekit. I would have to look into it ~8i.e. have a look
at their architecture).

  Cheers,

        Mario

On 17-04-27 16:46, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi
> Is it possible to integrate Beremiz with Linuxcnc or Machinekit?
> Machinekit supports Xenomaii just like Beremiz, so collaboration should
> be possible.
>
> Regards
> Tom

Hi Tom,

I don't know much about LinuxCNC or Machinekit,
but I think it's possible to integrate Beremiz with LinuxCNC.

I've made a short look at LinuxCNC. The project uses Classicladder for
PLC functionality. Could you tell more how PLC logic is used in
LinuxCNC? What is the typical use case scenario for PLC in CNC?

It looks like the best way for integration is to replace Classicladder,
that supports only LD, with Beremiz, that supports all IEC-61131-3
programming languages.

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Is it possible to integrate Beremiz with Linuxcnc?

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
I'm not developer.
LinuxCNC (and Machinekit) is using on industrial machinery, like mill or lathe.
On basic usage i need pin control (input, output).
LinuxCNC using HAL to connect logic input output.

Regards
Tom

On 17-04-27 16:46, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi
> Is it possible to integrate Beremiz with Linuxcnc or Machinekit?
> Machinekit supports Xenomaii just like Beremiz, so collaboration should
> be possible.
>
> Regards
> Tom

Hi Tom,

I don't know much about LinuxCNC or Machinekit,
but I think it's possible to integrate Beremiz with LinuxCNC.

I've made a short look at LinuxCNC. The project uses Classicladder for
PLC functionality. Could you tell more how PLC logic is used in
LinuxCNC? What is the typical use case scenario for PLC in CNC?

It looks like the best way for integration is to replace Classicladder,
that supports only LD, with Beremiz, that supports all IEC-61131-3
programming languages.

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Is it possible to integrate Beremiz with Linuxcnc?

Beremiz-Devel mailing list

 As I said previously, it is possible to integrate Beremiz with LinuxCNC. A
year ago I had a look at the LinuxCNC architecture, and the mapping between
the two is certainly possible. It will take a little work (like most things),
but I remember thinking when I looked at it that it was much less work than I
at first anticipated.

 If you were a developer I could perhaps provide you with some hints. However,
if you are looking for an already existing solution to integrate (Beremiz<-
>LinuxCNC), then to the best of my knowledge the answer is that it does not
yet exist.

 Since you are not a developer, I guess the important question now is: would
you be willing to pay somebody to develop this for you now, or do you prefer
to wait in the hope that somebody will eventually end up doing it for free?

  Cheers,

       Mario.