[Beremiz-devel] Declaration of located variables in a project

[Beremiz-devel] Declaration of located variables in a project

Benoit
Hello to all members of this mailing list

this is my first message to the mailing list, so please forgive me if I
ask something that has been already answered, but I could not find
anything in previous messages.

My question is rather simple : how can I generate automatically the
located variables list for a project ?

For now, when I click on "Location" for a POU or a program, if I click
on the three dots button, I get a dialog named "Browse Locations" but
there is nothing in to "Locations available".

Right now, we are working here at KissBox to integrate Beremiz into our
tool for our IO8CC module. This tool allows user to choose what I/O
module he wants in each slot and it generates the C file with all
located variables for the target. So I would like to populate
automatically the "Locations available" dialog with data from our
hardware configurator

Thank you for the help

Benoit

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Declaration of located variables in a project

Edouard Tisserant
Hi Benoit

Other beremiz users had a similar approach : launching an adapted
Beremiz from a pre-existing proprietary hardware configurator.

The LPCManager from Smarteh is a python GPL project that adds
product-dedicated features to Beremiz by simply importing Beremiz python
modules and hot-patching them.

LPCManager is launched from the proprietary (C#) hardware configurator
LPCComposer, and those two processes keep connected through socket to
apply and update hardware configuration, reflected in project tree and
available located variables.

LPCManager provides a connector to program PLC and trace variables
through serial/USB instead of Pyro/TCP and also brings target specific
configuration in order to use included toolchain to build final PLC object.

If you try latest installer from Smarteh, you can find LPCmanager
bundled in, aside Beremiz. I forgot link to public repo.

Best regards,

Edouard

On 07/09/2020 17:44, Benoit wrote:

> Hello to all members of this mailing list
>
> this is my first message to the mailing list, so please forgive me if
> I ask something that has been already answered, but I could not find
> anything in previous messages.
>
> My question is rather simple : how can I generate automatically the
> located variables list for a project ?
>
> For now, when I click on "Location" for a POU or a program, if I click
> on the three dots button, I get a dialog named "Browse Locations" but
> there is nothing in to "Locations available".
>
> Right now, we are working here at KissBox to integrate Beremiz into
> our tool for our IO8CC module. This tool allows user to choose what
> I/O module he wants in each slot and it generates the C file with all
> located variables for the target. So I would like to populate
> automatically the "Locations available" dialog with data from our
> hardware configurator
>
> Thank you for the help
>
> Benoit

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Declaration of located variables in a project

Benoit
Hi Edouard

thank you for the information (by the way : I am french too ;-))

I have found the LPCManager installer on Smarteh website. Maybe I have
downloaded the wrong file, but I can't find the GPL source code.
However, I have found a directory containin "python's connectors", so I
suppose this is the part you are talking about. I will take a look at
the source code and see what it does and how it talks with Beremiz

Benoit

Le 08/09/2020 à 18:05, Edouard Tisserant a écrit :

> Hi Benoit
>
> Other beremiz users had a similar approach : launching an adapted
> Beremiz from a pre-existing proprietary hardware configurator.
>
> The LPCManager from Smarteh is a python GPL project that adds
> product-dedicated features to Beremiz by simply importing Beremiz python
> modules and hot-patching them.
>
> LPCManager is launched from the proprietary (C#) hardware configurator
> LPCComposer, and those two processes keep connected through socket to
> apply and update hardware configuration, reflected in project tree and
> available located variables.
>
> LPCManager provides a connector to program PLC and trace variables
> through serial/USB instead of Pyro/TCP and also brings target specific
> configuration in order to use included toolchain to build final PLC object.
>
> If you try latest installer from Smarteh, you can find LPCmanager
> bundled in, aside Beremiz. I forgot link to public repo.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Edouard
>

> On 07/09/2020 17:44, Benoit wrote:
>> Hello to all members of this mailing list
>>
>> this is my first message to the mailing list, so please forgive me if
>> I ask something that has been already answered, but I could not find
>> anything in previous messages.
>>
>> My question is rather simple : how can I generate automatically the
>> located variables list for a project ?
>>
>> For now, when I click on "Location" for a POU or a program, if I click
>> on the three dots button, I get a dialog named "Browse Locations" but
>> there is nothing in to "Locations available".
>>
>> Right now, we are working here at KissBox to integrate Beremiz into
>> our tool for our IO8CC module. This tool allows user to choose what
>> I/O module he wants in each slot and it generates the C file with all
>> located variables for the target. So I would like to populate
>> automatically the "Locations available" dialog with data from our
>> hardware configurator
>>
>> Thank you for the help
>>
>> Benoit

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Declaration of located variables in a project

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
 Hi Benoit,

 If I am understanding your request correctly, perhaps it would be easier for
your to have a look at the function/method
GetVariableLocationTree()

in the Modbus plugin to Beremiz
https://hg.beremiz.org/beremiz/file/tip/modbus/modbus.py

or perhaps that same function/method in the BACnet plugin...
https://hg.beremiz.org/beremiz/file/tip/bacnet/bacnet.py

 Cheers,

   Mario