[Beremiz-devel] Beremiz loves KOSMOS

Edouard Tisserant
Dear all,

On the download page of KOSMOS (http://kosmos.keti.re.kr), you can find
Beremiz with motion control.

It was named KOSMOS, but this is Beremiz, bundled with a Motion Control
Library I wrote in between 2011 and 2013.

If I read correctly on the download page, source of that motion library
was at last released in August !!!

--> http://kosmos.keti.re.kr/downloads.html

... but wait ... that's a fake, downloaded "source" is just a crippled
password protected zip archive, containing another windows installer.

I guess KOSMOS team had problems with downloads, and I encourage them to
share the Motion Control Library repository on Bitbucket instead of
using ZIP archives.

@KOSMOS: we are really motivated developers here, and we will gladly help !

Regards,

Edouard

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz loves KOSMOS

phucvm1992
oh, it's very great if they release Motion lib as open source. I'm waiting
it.

--
Sent from: http://beremiz-devel.2374573.n4.nabble.com/

skv

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz loves KOSMOS

skv
Administrator
On 18-10-26 00:42, Edouard Tisserant wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> On the download page of KOSMOS (http://kosmos.keti.re.kr), you can find
> Beremiz with motion control.
>
> It was named KOSMOS, but this is Beremiz, bundled with a Motion Control
> Library I wrote in between 2011 and 2013.
>
> If I read correctly on the download page, source of that motion library
> was at last released in August !!!
>
> --> http://kosmos.keti.re.kr/downloads.html
>
> ... but wait ... that's a fake, downloaded "source" is just a crippled
> password protected zip archive, containing another windows installer.
>
> I guess KOSMOS team had problems with downloads, and I encourage them to
> share the Motion Control Library repository on Bitbucket instead of
> using ZIP archives.
>
> @KOSMOS: we are really motivated developers here, and we will gladly help !
>
> Regards,
>
> Edouard

That is great news!!!

skv

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz loves KOSMOS

skv
Administrator
On 18-10-26 00:42, Edouard Tisserant wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> On the download page of KOSMOS (http://kosmos.keti.re.kr), you can find
> Beremiz with motion control.
>
> It was named KOSMOS, but this is Beremiz, bundled with a Motion Control
> Library I wrote in between 2011 and 2013.
>
> If I read correctly on the download page, source of that motion library
> was at last released in August !!!
>
> --> http://kosmos.keti.re.kr/downloads.html
>
> ... but wait ... that's a fake, downloaded "source" is just a crippled
> password protected zip archive, containing another windows installer.
>
> I guess KOSMOS team had problems with downloads, and I encourage them to
> share the Motion Control Library repository on Bitbucket instead of
> using ZIP archives.
>
> @KOSMOS: we are really motivated developers here, and we will gladly help !
>
> Regards,
>
> Edouard

*all* zip archives in Download section are unfortunately password
protected. That's very sad.

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz loves KOSMOS

Edouard Tisserant
*sigh*... That's terrible. Many 'hidden' forks exist, unfortunately.
But still, it looks like Korean Fork is still more ethical and clean
than Chinese fork (based on 1.0.3, ethercat, TC2, violates GPL and
LGPL).
I love Korean people, they are really nice, and usually want to help.
I see no reason why KOSMOS team would be different.
I'm sure we will find a way to collaborate.

Le ven. 26 oct. 2018 à 10:23, Andrey Skvortsov
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On 18-10-26 00:42, Edouard Tisserant wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > On the download page of KOSMOS (http://kosmos.keti.re.kr), you can find
> > Beremiz with motion control.
> >
> > It was named KOSMOS, but this is Beremiz, bundled with a Motion Control
> > Library I wrote in between 2011 and 2013.
> >
> > If I read correctly on the download page, source of that motion library
> > was at last released in August !!!
> >
> > --> http://kosmos.keti.re.kr/downloads.html
> >
> > ... but wait ... that's a fake, downloaded "source" is just a crippled
> > password protected zip archive, containing another windows installer.
> >
> > I guess KOSMOS team had problems with downloads, and I encourage them to
> > share the Motion Control Library repository on Bitbucket instead of
> > using ZIP archives.
> >
> > @KOSMOS: we are really motivated developers here, and we will gladly help !
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Edouard
>
> *all* zip archives in Download section are unfortunately password
> protected. That's very sad.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrey Skvortsov

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz loves KOSMOS

Edouard Tisserant
For the record, another fake project page with same name :
http://www.mtra.or.kr/?c=user&mcd=kosmos

And the fake download page coming along :
http://www.mtra.or.kr/views/user/contents/kosmos/download.html

This time, there is at least one valid download link :
http://www.mtra.or.kr/views/user/contents/kosmos/kosmos.pdf

And what would be the purpose of all this if it wasn't about publishing papers ?
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316570925_Development_and_Analysis_of_Korea_Open_Source_Motion_System_based_on_Real-Time_Ethernet

Le ven. 26 oct. 2018 à 19:09, Edouard Tisserant
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> *sigh*... That's terrible. Many 'hidden' forks exist, unfortunately.
> But still, it looks like Korean Fork is still more ethical and clean
> than Chinese fork (based on 1.0.3, ethercat, TC2, violates GPL and
> LGPL).
> I love Korean people, they are really nice, and usually want to help.
> I see no reason why KOSMOS team would be different.
> I'm sure we will find a way to collaborate.
>

> Le ven. 26 oct. 2018 à 10:23, Andrey Skvortsov
> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > On 18-10-26 00:42, Edouard Tisserant wrote:
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > On the download page of KOSMOS (http://kosmos.keti.re.kr), you can find
> > > Beremiz with motion control.
> > >
> > > It was named KOSMOS, but this is Beremiz, bundled with a Motion Control
> > > Library I wrote in between 2011 and 2013.
> > >
> > > If I read correctly on the download page, source of that motion library
> > > was at last released in August !!!
> > >
> > > --> http://kosmos.keti.re.kr/downloads.html
> > >
> > > ... but wait ... that's a fake, downloaded "source" is just a crippled
> > > password protected zip archive, containing another windows installer.
> > >
> > > I guess KOSMOS team had problems with downloads, and I encourage them to
> > > share the Motion Control Library repository on Bitbucket instead of
> > > using ZIP archives.
> > >
> > > @KOSMOS: we are really motivated developers here, and we will gladly help !
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Edouard
> >
> > *all* zip archives in Download section are unfortunately password
> > protected. That's very sad.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Andrey Skvortsov

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz loves KOSMOS

Edouard Tisserant
> And what would be the purpose of all this if it wasn't about publishing papers ?
> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316570925_Development_and_Analysis_of_Korea_Open_Source_Motion_System_based_on_Real-Time_Ethernet

The paper itself :
http://ocean.kisti.re.kr/downfile/volume/kiee/DHJGII/2017/v66n1/DHJGII_2017_v66n1_186.pdf

It looks like KOSMOS devs couldn't use the real-time FEC driver from
RTnet with EtherLAB as I did in the Imx6 based prototype I did deliver
in 2014. Instead they did it the dirty way, copy-pasting FEC code from
Linux to Etherlab, stripping interrupt logic, trying to avoid other
Linux calls.

Here is how to use Xenomai's RT_FEC driver from EtherLab, with latest
and greatest Xenomai release :
http://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-users/2018/003457.html
http://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-users/2018/003461.html

I hope it will help.

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz loves KOSMOS

Kang, DongGu

Dear all

I am writing in regards to your Oct. 26 & 28 email on behalf of recipients.

Since 2013, HIGEN has developed four plug-ins of KOSMOS(Korean version of Beremiz, Added motion library)
- Functionality of EtherCAT Plug-in is enhanced( MDP, PDO mapping, SDO online viewer)
- DF1 protocol plug-in
- Modbus RTU/TCP plug-in base on pymodbus
- Ladder Editor(only for windows user, closed library)

Higen's policy about new features(plug-in)
- EtherCAT, DF1 and Modbus plug-ins is open source except a Ladder editor.
- The source code is managed by KETI on KOSMOS webpages.
- Ladder editor is free for member of PLCopen Korea but source code is not available.

Higen's policy about motion library source code(PLCopen TC2 Part1 - Basics)
- The source code and binary is going to open to paid member of PLCopen Korea.
- The others are not open.

The KOSMOS web page is under construction
- KETI(Korea Electronics Technology Institue) has managed webpage which will linked with PLCopen Korea.
- The links of package and source is going to update and fix it by KETI.
- The downloaded files are temporary file.

Additionally, we have no plan to continue to development action for KOSMOS and Beremiz until the end of 2019.
Regards,

Donggu Kang

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz loves KOSMOS

Edouard Tisserant
Hello Donggu

Thanks for your mail. It raises a few questions :

1) Proprietary Ladder Editor plugin : does it aligns with GPLv2 license
of Beremiz IDE ? Does it integrate with the rest of the toolchain ? Was
MatIEC (GPLv3) patched ?

2) Motion control IDE plugin : even if runtime's motion kernel can be
proprietary, the source code of the IDE part has to be GPLv2. Is it
published anywhere ?

3) DF1, EtherCAT and (py)Modbus plugin being open source : I never could
find the source code repositories. The pre-2014 version of EtherCAT
plugin was lately merged in Beremiz source code. I would gladly merge
enhancements you are mentioning as well (MDP, PDO mapping, SDO online
viewer). Where are these repositories published ? Otherwise, would you
please send archives of those repositories to me so that I could publish
them ?

4) What OpenSource license (OSI) have been selected for motion library
source code (PLCopen TC2 Part1 - Basics) ? Is there any OpenSource
license compatible with the restriction to make it available only to
PLCopen Korea member ? Why such a restriction ? How does worldwide
PLCopen agrees with that ?

Thanks in advance for your answers, and best regards.

Edouard Tisserant