[Beremiz-devel] Beremiz With Remote IO (Dummy IO)

[Beremiz-devel] Beremiz With Remote IO (Dummy IO)

Volkan ALTUNTAS
Hi everyone,
how can i use beremiz runtime with remote io (profibus, modbus, etc.),
is there any documantation for this
thanks

skv

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz With Remote IO (Dummy IO)

skv
Administrator
Hi Volkan,

On 18-07-25 12:06, Volkan ALTUNTAS wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> how can i use beremiz runtime with remote io (profibus, modbus, etc.),
> is there any documantation for this
> thanks

Beremiz supports Modbus TCP/RTU (I've recently added and tested Modbus
example), CANOpen, BACNet and Ethercat.

I've not used CANOpen/BACNet and Ethercat my self, but there are
examples for these protocols in test directory.

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz With Remote IO (Dummy IO)

Volkan ALTUNTAS
Dear Andrey,

Which brand and model devices did you use to try Modbus TCP/RTU,

Thanks

Sincerely yours

skv

On 18-07-27 15:58, Volkan ALTUNTAS wrote:
> Dear Andrey,
>
> Which brand and model devices did you use to try Modbus TCP/RTU,
Example shows Modbus Master and Modbus Slave setup in Beremiz. So
Beremiz runtime connects to itself over Modbus TCP.
But it should be any problem to connect to any other devices as long
they support standard Modbus TCP/RTU functions:
- Function code 1 (read coils) and function code 2 (read discrete inputs)
- Function code 5 (force/write single coil)
- Function code 15 (force/write multiple coils)
- Function code 4 (read input registers) and function code 3 (read holding registers)
- Function code 6 (preset/write single holding register)
- Function code 16 (preset/write multiple holding registers)

skv

On 18-07-27 15:54, Andrey Skvortsov wrote:

> Hi Volkan,
>
> On 18-07-25 12:06, Volkan ALTUNTAS wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > how can i use beremiz runtime with remote io (profibus, modbus, etc.),
> > is there any documantation for this
> > thanks
>
> Beremiz supports Modbus TCP/RTU (I've recently added and tested Modbus
> example), CANOpen, BACNet and Ethercat.
>
> I've not used CANOpen/BACNet and Ethercat my self, but there are
> examples for these protocols in test directory.
If I understand correctly, BACNet supports only slave. So currently
it's not possible connect bacnet I/O modules to PLC, but it's possible to
integrate PLC into existing BACNet to send information to supervisor.

Mario, am I right?

skv

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz With Remote IO (Dummy IO)

skv
Administrator
Hi Chris,

On 18-07-27 20:53, Chris wrote:
> The sound is nice.
>
> If someone can create a sample for newbies and public it will be
> very great.
Modbus does already have example in the repository. See 'test'
directory, all examples are located there.

> About the bacnet or modbus, how could it implement them in beremiz.
Sorry, couldn't fully understand your question.

skv

On 18-07-27 21:03, Chris wrote:
> Well I think I have to make a different between your branch and the official
> russian branch, because there are some features not existing.
1.2 (Russian release) just release branch and master branch is
development branch. Both branches located on [1] are official in the same way. ;-)
Development branch just contains now more features than 1.2
branch. All of them are going to be in the release branch as we will
make another RC for 1.2.

1. https://bitbucket.org/automforge/beremiz/branches/

> So I guess I have to verified them and testing them before I make "crazy"
> requests.
>

> Am 27.07.18 um 20:59 schrieb Andrey Skvortsov:
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > On 18-07-27 20:53, Chris wrote:
> > > The sound is nice.
> > >
> > > If someone can create a sample for newbies and public it will be
> > > very great.
> > Modbus does already have example in the repository. See 'test'
> > directory, all examples are located there.
> >
> > > About the bacnet or modbus, how could it implement them in beremiz.
> > Sorry, couldn't fully understand your question.
> >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > chris

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz With Remote IO (Dummy IO)

Well I saw the youtube movie about c and python integration, but to
bring a gpio from a linux system to the system, so that I can work with
beremiz only (so how I do correctly a io driver) is at the moment a bit
difficult for me.

Of course when I programm all in the virtual are all working fine, but
important is to bring the hardware points to it so that I can work with it.

Its at the moment a bit difficult for me how to do it. to bring the
"real" world into the virtual one.

Well often the people use for the raspberry pi the wiring pi instead the
normal posix rules.

But mostly an example. What I missing here to find out how I can modify
them for my own hardware.

Because I using the processor module from acmesystems.it it call acuqa
a5, but i use not the onBoard pins, I use ext. pca9555 expander via I2c
and they are integrated into the linux system and I can call them as
usual gpios.

Maybe its special!

skv

On 18-07-27 21:24, Andrey Skvortsov wrote:

> On 18-07-27 15:54, Andrey Skvortsov wrote:
> > Hi Volkan,
> >
> > On 18-07-25 12:06, Volkan ALTUNTAS wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > > how can i use beremiz runtime with remote io (profibus, modbus, etc.),
> > > is there any documantation for this
> > > thanks
> >
> > Beremiz supports Modbus TCP/RTU (I've recently added and tested Modbus
> > example), CANOpen, BACNet and Ethercat.
> >
> > I've not used CANOpen/BACNet and Ethercat my self, but there are
> > examples for these protocols in test directory.
>
> If I understand correctly, BACNet supports only slave. So currently
> it's not possible connect bacnet I/O modules to PLC, but it's possible to
> integrate PLC into existing BACNet to send information to supervisor.
>
> Mario, am I right?
Hi,

I've just added BACnet example to the repo and uploaded screen cast
for it on Beremiz youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEXj9CuwRV8

skv

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Beremiz With Remote IO (Dummy IO)

skv
Administrator

On 18-07-27 21:24, Andrey Skvortsov wrote:

> If I understand correctly, BACNet supports only slave. So currently
> it's not possible connect bacnet I/O modules to PLC, but it's possible to
> integrate PLC into existing BACNet to send information to supervisor.

are there any plans for BACNet client?