[Beremiz-devel] Adding SoftPLC Functionality

[Beremiz-devel] Adding SoftPLC Functionality

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
There are not many physical PLC's that support Beremiz directly and they are all not available in North America. I was wondering if there was any Raspberry PI support or if I could add the I/O functionality to the existing runtime somehow.

Is the current softPLC even capable of this?

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Adding SoftPLC Functionality

Beremiz-Devel mailing list
On 18-05-03 02:06, [hidden email] wrote:
> There are not many physical PLC's that support Beremiz directly and they
> are all not available in North America. I was wondering if there was any
> Raspberry PI support or if I could add the I/O functionality to the
> existing runtime somehow.

> Is the current softPLC even capable of this?
There is no any special Raspberry PI support in Beremiz.
Add I/O functionality is of course possible. There are two ways for
that.

1. The correct way is to add special I/O (like it's done, for example,
for Modbus). In this case your I/O will be available on special
IEC-addresses for mapping local variables in your programs through
IEC-address browsing dialog.
And this is not that complicated like it sounds, but you need some
knowledge of both C and python. [3, 4]

2. Write communication with I/O in python using python extension
(there is example for using python extension in tests directory) [1, 2].

1. https://bitbucket.org/automforge/beremiz/src/cc7a469534712c604a0cb64453c6d5603bc8414b/tests/python/?at=default
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQLrt28AJnYa
3. https://bitbucket.org/automforge/beremiz/src/cc7a469534712c604a0cb64453c6d5603bc8414b/modbus/?at=default
4. https://openplc.discussion.community/post/writing-an-extension-to-plcopen-editor-8926005?pid=1300162809

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Adding SoftPLC Functionality

Hi.

Beremiz runtime may work on any PC-like platform including RPi.

You should use Linux target in case of ordinary linux kernel.
If you need hart realtime then yoou should consider xenomai enabled kernel and xenomai target.

Best regards,
Paul Beltyukov

On 18-05-03 12:57, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Beremiz runtime may work on any PC-like platform including RPi.
>
> You should use Linux target in case of ordinary linux kernel.
> If you need hart realtime then yoou should consider xenomai enabled kernel
> and xenomai target.

or Preempt-RT patch with normal Linux target.
And tweaking priorities according your real-time requirements.

> Best regards,
> Paul Beltyukov

> > There are not many physical PLC's that support Beremiz directly and they
> > are all not available in North America. I was wondering if there was any
> > Raspberry PI support or if I could add the I/O functionality to the
> > existing runtime somehow.
> >
> > Is the current softPLC even capable of this?

Re: [Beremiz-devel] Adding SoftPLC Functionality

Exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks.